Thursday, September 14, 2006

DAY THREE DUM..DUM...DDDDUUMMMM

Well it is day three of my new life. And the "induction flu" is in full swing. Last night I was having a horrible, I'm tired, cranky, headachy and if I have to pee one more time (is there enough toilet paper in the world for how water makes me pee?) I am going to scream, kinda night. Then I recieved an e-mail from new friend Jimmy Moore. Amen, Amen I say to you! (ok, as the goddess, please realise, drama is my life...LOL) He posted a blog about my e-mail to him. Can I say this once again...he is soooo inspiring. I needed this last night as I was wanting to climb into my car and drive to Vermont to buy out the whole of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream company! But, between Jimmy's blog and my new "there's no crying in low carb" attitude...I was inspired to a solution for my sweet tooth and wretched crankiness....in comes a mini low carb meal. I decided, since I am an addict,(sugar) and since I am on induction, I had to think of something not super sweet. Even low carb candy (don't think for one second that low carb candy is not in my house, it is all here) I first chose to eat normal food to cut the craving. I know that people say you should eat something in close proximity to what you want or you will eat too much trying to meet that craving. Ok, I agree with this, but.....And my Butt is big... :) I have been through induction week one so many times and given up because of the "induction flu", that I want to do this right. I feel, for me personally, that if I stuff a low carb candy in my face, ON INDUCTION, everytime I get a bit whiney, I will get nowhere...and fast. I think it is depending on the sweet taste too much again...I have done this in the past only to never get through the icky feelings. I have no idea why this is so....but for me it is so. Am I saying low carb candy is a strict no no! ARE YOU KIDDING!! I am a goddess, and by goddess laws, chocolate is our food of choice (well, chocolate and ice cream) I would never give it up...EVER! To me this just a temporary 2 week thing to get me through the induction flu and on with my low carb life.
Well back to my low carb mini meal. Has anyone hear ever heard that coconut oil is good for you in our country? NO...you say...it's a saturated fat you crazy low carb goddess Sheri! You must be mad...it will make all the bad cholesterolly stuff happen to my body!
I am hear to tell you this is just not so. There are so many good things about coconut oil (make sure its extra virgin coconut oil). Davinci syrups or splenda, this too has fat to sustain you and a bit of sweet. The awesome low carb danish that Nutriva'carries a fantastic coconut oil! Check it out. Do some research on this great fat. Fat in general helps us on our low carb journeys...it causes us to feel full, and be satisfied. So, I took some of my Kent Altena does a video recipe for would be good. Or the one sweet I do allow myself on induction every morning for breakfast ...an Atkins'Low Carb Shake.
The reason I allow myself this one small sweet is because I needed a way to incorporate my daily intake of coconut oil (I try to have at least 3 to 4 tablespoons a day) and my vitamins. I have a horrible time taking pills so my vitamins and suppliments are mostly taken in liquid or powder form. So here is the recipe for my Morning energy shake...
1 tablespoon either flax oil or flax meal (we will talk about this on another blog)
Atkins'shake (your choice of flavor)
about 1/3 to 1/2 of your blender full of ice
2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (I use Nutriva).
I then add whatever vitamins I must take.
Blend well and drink.
This makes a lot of shake! So if you find you cannot drink it all put half in the fridge/freezer for an afternoon or late night snack. Just reblend and drink away!
Now I must end this post (huge post) by letting you all know that my weigh-in day is on Tuesdays. BUTTTTTTTT......I couldn't help myself on morning 3... I have already lost 5.8 pounds. NOW don't get all crazy on me saying....oh this is allllll just water weight...because initially (especially when you start drinking a gallon and 1/2 of water a day...did I mention I have spent the majority of my time in the little goddess' room :) ) it is water weight...but if continued I beg to differ with all those low carb naysayers out there who have decided that you ONLY lose water weight and muscle on low carb....POSH. If this is the case why then, not to mention how can they (the evil naysayers) account for my new friends or Jimmy Moore's 180 pound weight loss and Kent Altena's 189 pound loss. If it was all water and muscle these poor men would be nothing but dried up old pruney people. But they are healthy, and have great skin and muscles...how is that you ask? You begin burning fat after the initial water loss and these two gentlemen are proof. I was just excited I already have some bodily feedback to show this program works!
Blessings to you all today!

Revision: Some of my links are not working because ...well... I am a big newbie and not quite sure how to do them. I will learn, I promise. As for the links...Jimmy Moore's link is http://livinlavidalowcarb.com and Kent Altena's link is http://www.network-admin.net/archives/2005_05.html. These are two great links.

3 comments:

April said...

Good luck!!!!!

april

Kent said...

How's everything going? Has the induction flu receeded yet? Keep up the good work, and if you want some support, you can always hit ADBB. Just wanted you know I was still cheering for you.

Ashley David said...

I tryed your recipe and it's yummy...
Your site contains a lot of information as well.
Here's somenew loosing weight loss recipes
those who want more in weight loss.
Thanx.